Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cool Site of the Week

I'm always thinking up ways to brand my product - creating packaging, thank you cards, product labels, stenciling and even printing on handmade greeting cards. I stumbled across Urban Fonts a year or so ago when designing the iron-on labels for my fabric products and have noticed myself using it more and more lately. There are hundreds of free fonts on this site and you can sample what your text will look like quite easily. When you find one you like it is very easy to download for Windows or Mac and it magically {with a few clicks} shows up in your word processor program. A font can say a lot about what you are writing; it can easily lend to the style and feel and is an important part of the design process. Have fun picking!


This is the font on my fabric iron-on labels that I bought from Jennifer's Jewels on Etsy. It is called "Girls are Weird" and is one of my favorites!

No comments: