Monday, June 23, 2008

Welcome!

Hello everyone!
Welcome to my blog, I am glad you found me. Blogging is a new experience for me, so forgive me if I don't get this right.

So why did I start this blog? Well, I have recently decided to turn some of my hobbies into products that other people may be able to enjoy for themselves. I found a wonderful website, www.etsy.com, and I can make whatever my heart desires and post it there for sale. It really couldn't be any easier. Forget ebay! (err...feebay)

I am finding that this constant creative mind set I am in is almost exhausting! I am sure all my fellow etsians understand this. Sometimes I have to force myself to take time and just zone out and focus on something else for a while. I am having a great time making things and listing them, it has been nice to get back to 'work'. (i am a stay at home mom to an amazing almost 2 year old little girl, which you will meet later!)

If you have a moment, check out my store. www.katiesuecrafts.etsy.com

It is totally a work in progress, I am trying to add a few new things a week. I opened shop the end of May and have had 3 sales (thanks Heidi:)) I have been making a lot of boyish things and was inspired to go girlie. So I am almost done with a cute "My Princess" frame. Lot's of handpainted pieces, so it is taking a lot of time. I thought it would be neat to blog about my projects and post 'making of' photos, so I will post the finished product a little later. I think it's neat to be able to see where and how things are made.

Check back a little later today and my new frame will be listed at my etsy store and I will post a few pics here about how I made it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: